CVS Caremark is the only fully integrated pharmacy health care company in the United States. Our offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care allow us to provide greater convenience and choice for patients, improve health outcomes, and lower overall health care costs for plan sponsors and participants. As one of the country's largest pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), we provide plan sponsors and participants access to a network of approximately 60,000 pharmacies including CVS/Caremark stores.
We employ 215,000+ colleagues in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico at our retail pharmacy stores, Minute Clinic locations, retail specialty pharmacy stores, specialty mail order pharmacies, mail service pharmacies, retail distribution centers, and support facilities.
Retail Management Careers At CVS/Caremark!
CVS/Caremark offers an aggressive career path for candidates; college graduates with retail type work experience and experienced managers.
Successful candidates can move from the CVS/Caremark Retail Management Development Program as an Assistant Manager to Store Manager in 1-3 years and through the CVS/Caremark Leadership Program into field management and/or executive opportunities in 3-5 years!
Total Store Leadership
In retail store management at CVS/Caremark, you are responsible for the total leadership and strategic operation of your store including:
Our Store Management staff drives store execution and performance while building consumer loyalty to CVS/Caremark through a focus on excellent customer service. Successful managers maintain an engaged store team through demonstrating initiative and leading by example. Support for our managers comes not only from their individual store teams, but also regional field management, call centers, distribution centers, and our Customer Support Center headquarters.
- Overall store management, supervision, and policy implementation
- Sales and inventory management
- Employee staffing, training, and development
- Financial management
- Customer service leadership
What training is provided?
What are the requirements for the CVS/pharmacy store management development program?
- Candidates will begin as a Store Management Trainee completing basic operations and management skills training and learning about key aspects of the business and CVS/pharmacy culture. In addition Store Management Trainees will receive the necessary training to take operational control of the store and manage staff as either an Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager. This phase lasts approximately 12 weeks. Upon successful completion, individuals will move into a Shift Supervisor position or be eligible for promotion to an Assistant Store Manager position. Assistant Store Managers and Store Managers continue to participate in development and leadership training to prepare for potential field management or executive roles. Time in the position varies based on the individual.
- Most candidates will follow the above plan. Select candidates based on experience and market needs may be considered to begin at different points within the plan.
- All CVS/pharmacy training programs require certification testing as a requirement for successful completion.
What Does CVS/pharmacy offer?
- At least one year of management experience in retail, food service, restaurant, or customer service (college degree preferred), or at least one year of work experience in these types of businesses, preferably at a supervisor level with a two or four year college degree.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including 1st and 2nd shifts, and early morning and/or overnight shifts at some locations for merchandise deliveries. Schedule adjustments are made according to store needs and operating hours.
- CVS/pharmacy does not require members of store management to become registered pharmacists.
If you want to be challenged and your talent needs mentoring and opportunity, CVS can offer you a fast track to success!
- Structured training and development programs
- The opportunity to manage a successful multi-million dollar business
- A Value Proposition for all store management including Rewards and Recognition, Personal and Professional Development, and Supportive Culture and Values
- Performance based promotions and career opportunities throughout the U.S. with the industry leader
- Excellent benefits including medical and dental plan, 401k matching program, stock ownership and discount purchase plan, prescription coverage, merchandise discount, short and long term disability insurance, life and business insurance, vision discount plan, auto and home insurance discounts, medical care and dependent care reimbursement, educational assistance, paid vacation and holidays, and adoption assistance
CVS Health is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,800 CVS/pharmacy retail pharmacies,...