The Building Engineer maintains a working relationship with all Property Managers and Engineering team in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. The Building Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this positions success.
· Complete tenant service requests and develops and maintains positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
· Operates, maintains and logs all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of their supervisor.
· Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the supervisors.
· Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
· Cleans and paints all equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
· Assists in the ordering of stock and inventory of parts and supplies as needed.
· Maintains professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
· Perform snow removal as needed.
· Take and log meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisors.
· Make required repairs to all building systems.
· Maintain a daily, written log book detailing the events of the day, the plant operation and any issues that arise.
· Handle miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· HVAC or electrical technical school training or equivalent experience required.
· 4+ years of direct experience in the management of mechanical, electrical and plumbing operations for commercial office buildings.
· Strong hands-on refrigeration/HVAC troubleshooting experience mandatory.
· Individual should have experience in all aspects of mechanical, electrical, life/safety and plumbing operations in commercial office buildings.
· Must have experience with Preventive Maintenance and work order systems.
· Oversee and supervise service providers.
· Experience with computerized building management systems.
· Universal HCFC Certification (minimum EPA Type 2).
· Refrigeration or Stationary Engineer License preferred.
· Must have strong customer service skills working with tenants and clients.
· Must be flexible with working overtime as needed.
· Must have a valid drivers license and reliable form of transportation.
· Initial and continued employment is contingent upon passing government background checks and security clearance procedures.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $22.0 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,700 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 820 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) is a real estate investment trust (REIT). As of December 31, 2008, HPT, directly and through...