Assistant Accountant (AA): Reporting to the Controller, this position is permanent and funded at 60% time.
The following additional responsibilities are part of the AA job responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze and process semi-monthly payroll. Payroll is processed through ADP and the AA is responsible for all aspects of processing the paperwork/data for payroll, including all deductions, vacation, sick pay, quarterly tax reports (ie, 941), etc.
- importing and processing the payroll in the accounting system.
- maintaining employee data in the accounting system.
- preparing semi-monthly time and effort reporting, acquiring all the necessary signatures and approvals and maintaining the records.
- journal entries associated with the payroll.
- Providing payroll information to all agencies that require it.
- other various accounting-related duties, including but not limited to, bank reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
- all other tasks as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- 5-10 years of in-depth payroll processing experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail is critical.
- Must be adaptable and a team player.
Full health and dental/employer pension plan/life insurance and competitive salary schedule
OpportunityKnocks.org - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard