Senior Data Analyst
The Analytics Team serves various departments; including Marketing, Product, and Finance; by providing data, analysis, and recommendations for key business initiatives.
Major projects include ongoing randomized control testing, product impact measurement, and customer profiling and behavioral analysis.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can work with a variety of data sources to access and pull data, analyze and report on key findings & questions, and recommend and drive new avenues for research and testing.
We are looking for someone with the creativity and business sense to help us find real opportunities and ask ever more demanding questions of our data.
Finally, while not absolutely required, experience working for a technology or internet company is highly desired.
- Write and interpret complex SQL queries for standard and ad-hoc data mining
- Create and maintain executive reports for tracking key business metrics
- Work closely with analytics, marketing, and other teams to drive test iterations
- Identify holes in current data collection and practices
- Seek out trends and patterns across large sets of data and from multiple sources
- Summarize and report key analytical findings and recommendations in both oral and written form to various teams and executives
- Conceive of and pursue new data mining opportunities and initiatives to drive business metrics
- Knowledge of web analytics suites (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, regular expressions, etc.
- Strong Excel and data presentation skills
- Interest in discrete math and statistics
- Ability to map data and analytical functions to business needs
- Ability not just to retrieve and present data, but to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Passionate and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Experience working for a technology or internet company
- Experience with statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, etc.)
Webs, Inc. is the leader in empowering small businesses to create websites. In addition to having created more than 40 million websites, our users build custom Facebook pages and manage their business contacts in the cloud. Webs is a top-100 website worldwide, with a warm, collegial environment that is home to a staff of smart, dynamic individuals with a stake in the company’s success. Our offices are located in downtown Silver Spring, just steps from the Metro. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare and 401(k). Perks include a catered lunch three times a week, paid parking or transit, casual dress, and a flexible work schedule. By joining our team, you get the chance to immediately make a positive impact on the millions of people who use our website creation platform; what you'll work on here actually matters, so be prepared to work hard and to have fun succeeding!
Apply for this job
- Apply for this job online
Vistaprint, N.V. (Nasdaq: VPRT) empowers 17 million micro businesses and consumers annually with affordable, professional print and digital...