Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
What You’ll Do
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff, and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule. Major duties include:
What It Takes
- Assisting Quality Engineers with current and future quality planning efforts
- Reviewing. entering, and updating department data
- Processing data from various collection sources using templates
- Developing presentations based data research for review by peers
What It Takes
We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in a statistics, accounting, physics, or engineering technology discipline; others may qualify. In addition we require:
- Must be registered as a full-time student
- Grad date – December 2014 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 and above
- 15 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
A strong candidate will also have:
- Experience in a production or service industry environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge with automotive or agricultural products
- Strong mathematical background, especially statistics
- Experience organizing and delivering presentations
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Part-time employees receive competitive compensation and are eligible for many benefits, including tuition assistance.
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
John Deere - 16 months ago
Since its founding in 1837, John Deere has seen a great many changes in its business, its products, its services. Change always comes with...