Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC owns and operates facilities in Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska that produce anhydrous ammonia, UAN and urea. Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC, operates a production facility in Brandon, Manitoba, that produces anhydrous ammonia, ammonium nitrate, UAN and urea. In addition, Koch Fertilizer, LLC owns storage and terminal assets in northwest Europe with trading offices in Switzerland, France and United Kingdom.
We are currently seeking a
to join our Beatrice, Nebraska Operations Team. The successful candidate will provide process technical support for plant operations. This role will be responsible to oversee the day-to-day operation of that unit, meeting and exceeding the company’s safety, environmental and production goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for daily performance monitoring of that process unit, troubleshooting operational problems and providing technical support to the refineries production team. You will utilize your engineering knowledge to make key decisions on operating practices and challenge ideas to improve process capabilities. This role will also be responsible for maintaining some Process Safety Information documents such as P&IDS, relief system design basis and being part of the MOC process.
- Must be able enter plant operating sites to access and inspect equipment
- Must be able enter confined spaces and be capable of utilizing all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to access ladders, stairs, and heights in the facility in excess of 100 feet
- Must be available to answer call outs and support 24/7 continuous production facility
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing plant environment and capable of following all plant policies and procedures as related to the position
- Must be available for weekend work and travel, including air travel as necessary
- Process Engineering experience at a chemical process plant, petro-chemical plant, or refinery
- Must have strong commitment to Safety, Environmental Compliance, and Plant operations
- Proven leadership skills, organizational skills, high work standards, strong technical abilities, strong business skills and personal accountability
- Bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in a PSM covered facility, ammonia or chemical plant operations are a plus
- Familiarity with DCS systems and troubleshooting skills would also benefit
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Koch Nitrogen Company, LLC
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Koch Industries, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job