Northrop Grumman Information Systems
Nashville TN 37228
In Person Only
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide enterprise level Autosys application administration expertise (including environment installation, configuration, and management, etc). Act as a subject matter expert within multiple cross-functional service teams.
- Schedule enterprise production jobs ensuring reliable execution of the job schedule.
- Work with development team/Operations staff to restart/reschedule failed jobs until successful execution is reached.
- Collaborate with developers and functional specialists in configuring and improving our systems and processes.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues with scheduled jobs. Review vendor software updates; analyze need and benefit of updates; plan and manage the installation of these updates on schedule in partnership with developers and customers.
- Participate in on-call rotation, which involves carrying a communication device. On-call participation includes the expectation to respond during non-business hours to resolve production problems and perform scheduled off-hour activities.
- Perform thorough production-readiness testing as a function of an established Release Management/SDLC process.
- Maintain automated build/continuous integration systems.
- Interact with Service Directors and customers to ensure functional service requirements are met with proper technical resources.
- Generate and maintain up-to-date system/process documentation.
- Maintain systems that adhere to audit compliance; Generate post-mortem reports detailing root cause and process modification in response to service outages/failures.
- 5 years experience working with CA Workload Automation (Autosys).
- 2 years experience working with Linux.
- 3 years experience working with Oracle.
- Some experience working with application programming and scripting languages, preferably Perl and Linux shell scripting.
- Some experience with Change Management, Incident Management and Service Request Management processes and tools, Remedy and JIRA.
- Ability to coordinate task/project efforts with other members, Service Directors and developers.
- Ability to actively discover, research and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Conduct problem research and error isolation: conduct analysis of migrations results/failures; work with developers and Service Directors to resolve issues.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team, people skills are essential.
- Good listening skills; problem solving and the ability to handle multiple tasks or projects at once is necessary.
- Strong and extensive CA Workload Automation version 11.3+ (Autosys) implementation and configuration experience in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of Autosys adapters and plug-ins.
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Solid understanding of job scheduling in an enterprise environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to occasionally work outside of regular business hours for critical issues.
- Experience with version 11.3.5 of CA Workload Automation
- Experience with Oracle relational databases.
- Experience with Perl and shell scripting.
- Experience with every phase of the system development life cycle (SDLC), working with a formal Release Management process.
- Experience with Linux based operating systems
- Experience employing continuous integration techniques and technologies. (e.g. Jenkins).
- Familiarity with ITIL.
- Experience with project management practices.