Write, produce, shoot and edit news stories for daily broadcasts
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Pitch story ideas to producer/and news director.
- Monitor and keep track of local news related events by way of email/phone tips, Associated Press “day schedule events” and newswires, local newspapers, and newsroom faxes.
- Prepare and research stories to cover and questions to ask during interviews as directed by producer and/or news director.
- Field produce stories (at least 2 per day) as a one-man-band reporter by arranging on-camera interviews, stand-ups, and b-roll footage; this includes scheduling, framing, and blocking.
- Maintain, transport, and understand how to operate ENG equipment.
- Perform as videographer/editor by gathering story elements on shoots.
- Perform “as-lives” or live hits in the field or in studio as directed.
- Screen and transcribe field tapes.
- Prepare reporter’s script in accordance with news director’s approval and deadline.
- Enter story elements including script, supers, and TRT into ENPS (station’s editorial news platform).
- Voice track (record narration) by way of Final Cut Pro (station’s editing software).
- Edit material in accordance using Final Cut Pro.
- Send digital files to Transmission using Newsqueue (station’s digital transfer system).
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to utilize and operate broadcast equipment to perform job duties.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Please submit resume, reel and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org