Our client ranks among the world`s leading providers of Network Infrastructure, Managed Services, Broadband, Voice, Video, Telepresence, MPLS, Ethernet, Mobile services and leverages its advanced capabilities and domain expertise across its global network to deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises and service providers. Through a 10 year series of acquisitions and organic growth our client has extended its reach to over 240 countries and plans to continue growing in existing and emerging global markets at a healthy pace. As a result, Common Agenda has been engaged to conduct strategic and tactical searches all over the globe continuously since 2008. Truly challenging career opportunities exist for qualified and motivated candidates. Our client offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
About The Position:
Common Agenda has been entrusted to conduct a search for a Senior Video Engineer/Architect. This position focuses on the video engineering aspects of the end-to-end solution delivery of videoconferencing and Telepresence solutions to enterprise and carrier customers, including architecture, configuration, testing and implementation. The individual will be responsible for designing and evaluating network solutions, creating documentation, researching and evaluating new technologies, creating system test plans, and leading implementation.
- Develop solutions for TelePresence video network architecture over MPLS, Ethernet and heterogeneous networks.
- Produce detailed design documents, diagrams, and service guidelines. Validate and test solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications.
- Provide network performance, scalability and quality improvements.
- Assist in the video and voice network strategy and define innovative ideas on how to redesign network architecture and maximize network quality.
- Provide technical leadership to the inter-departmental project teams including guidance, expertise, coaching and feedback.
- Lead and contribute to new product and vendor evaluations and work with vendors on roadmaps to continually improve products and services.
- Help develop supporting design and implementation of WAN/LAN/WLAN projects.
- Provide leadership, processes and documentation to support remote hands in the configuring of network hardware and software to meet engineering`s specifications.
- Develop system test plans and diagrams.
- Lead handoffs to operations and provide tier three / tier four support to operations for videoconferencing and Telepresence solutions.
- Interface to the Sales, IP and transmission engineering teams.
- BS/MSEE preferred with 5+ years experience on network architecture and implementation for Ethernet/MPLS/IP networks in carrier and enterprise service provider environments.
- Expertise with video (H.264) and VOIP (SIP, H.323).
- CCNP, CCDA, CCIE a plus.
- Design of Ethernet/MPLS/IP solutions for multi-media products.
- Expertise in routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VSRP, etc.).
- Expertise in NAT, H.460, security (FW, IDS, IPS, DOS) platforms and methods.
- Knowledge of Ethernet WAN, MEF services (ELINE, ELAN, EVPN), 802.1x and 802.3xx.
- IEEE standards 802.1ad QnQ, 802.1q VLAN tagging, Ethernet OAM 802.3ah and 802.1ag
- Very strong strategic, analytical, and communications skills.
Desirable work experience in the following areas:
- Carrier and enterprise network architecture, implementations, testing and integration.
- Large-scale VoIP and video networks.
- Project Management of large scale projects.
- Creation of detailed engineering plans and implementation experience.
- Experience with new service creation and implementation.
Common Agenda - 17 months ago