Our client is a publicly traded network technology leader, which emerged from the telecom bust, put many competitors out of business and grew revenue and profitability during some of the most challenging times in Telecom. During the last 10 years the company has built a strong revenue stream with acquisitions and is on a fast track toward product expansion, increased revenue growth and globalization.
About The Position:
The selected candidate will be the Senior Principal Engineer and be responsible for the design and architecture of the embedded software for Ethernet networking products. He/she will work with the Product Line Management team to understand and translate customer requirements to design requirements for execution by development teams. Additionally the Engineer will translate new industry standards into easy to understand format for development teams and be responsible for:
- Defining system architecture including evaluation of enabling technologies, both hardware and software
- Performing and assist in validation testing activities and ensure product delivered to validation team aligns with original customer request
- Reviewing technical documentation in support of product development and release
- Assisting and leading in some early product demonstrations to customers
- Planning and directing advanced, innovative technical projects
- Pursuing new technology for the company
- Acting as role model and mentor to companys technical community
- Assisting in team staffing efforts
- BS, MS preferred and 12+ years of relevant software development experience
- Highly experienced in product definition and development in one or more of the following areas: Layer 2 switches, routers, BRAS, gateways.
- Knowledge should include physical interface technologies, protection mechanisms, switching and framing architectures, control plane technologies, Packet switching technologies, platforms and network architectures, especially for Ethernet, Layer 2 and Layer 2.5 networking technologies and protocols (MPLS, RSVP, OSPF, LDP), OAM (CFM, Ethernet OAM etc), STP/MSTP/RSTP, IGMP.
Common Agenda - 2 years ago
Common Agenda connects global technology leaders using our team-wide dedication, agile research and decades of expertise in executive...