Our client is an education services company, that takes pride in evolving the way the world learns. They are an investor in innovative technologies, and collaborator throughout the education industry. They are committed to real change and deliver actionable, scalable solutions to improve achievement.
About The Position:
Our client seeks to recruit a talented Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of 15-20 developers dedicated to our clients highly successful personalized learning application suite. To succeed in this role, the selected candidate must have a strong understanding and prior practical experience in the management of software engineering development efforts, including an understanding of product lifecycle and associated best practices.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and maintaining an industry leading software development organization
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team within an Agile environment to meet project plans and delivery commitments
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach as a hands-on leader
- Identify and champion acquisition of future skills based on product roadmap
- Work with the Director, Software Engineering and other stakeholders to develop project plans and report on the status of development, quality, operations, and performance
- Develop, evaluate, and implement improved processes, methods and tools to continually improve software delivery
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 7+ years experience, 3 of which include managing a software development team
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- .NET framework 3.5, C#, Visual Studio, IIS, SQL Server
- Web application design and architecture
- Software Engineering Lifecycle processes and tools
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following:
- Cassandra NoSQL database
- Scala programming language
- Mobile applications development (native, Phonegap)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Common Agenda - 2 years ago
Common Agenda connects global technology leaders using our team-wide dedication, agile research and decades of expertise in executive...