Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nations largest and most renowned companies for over twenty years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a mechanical design engineer to for us on-site with a client in Central Iowa. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will invent, design, document, build and test new solutions for underground mining equipment using CAD tools; support design in production, sales, service, troubleshooting and updating; and analyze and provide realistic recommendations on structural components to ensure that the design meets the design goals and customer needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
1. Design and detail purchased items, machining, weld and assembly prints using CAD software for manufacturability, cost effectiveness and safety.
2. Support, supervise and assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes. Supervise assigned personnel in performance of their duties such that performance exceeds or meets expectations.
3. Analyze production issues and create solutions.
4. Calculate unknown loading and directions where required from data and assumptions.
5. Review existing digital models and provide guidance for creation or modification to use as a basis for Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
6. Develop bill of materials.
7. Test design changes made by technicians.
8. Instruct other users on SolidWorks, SmarTeam, AutoCAD and ECN tools and best practices.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
Other Skills and Abilities
- 4-year college degree preferred with a major in Mechanical, Industrial, Agriculture or Electrical Engineering; and/or combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in related field.
- Must be proficient in material strength calculation skills, proficiency in operating CAD software (preferably SolidWorks) and in operating Microsoft Office products including Excel and Access.
- Experience with new product development and launching design into production, and with designing components in the Agricultural, Construction, Industrial, or heavy equipment industry.
- Ability to identify the root cause of defective parts of product design solutions, including manufactured and purchased component sizing.
- Ability to operate strain gage installation materials, fork lift, simple mechanics tools and wrenches, assembly hand tools, drill press, lathe, band saw and assembly power tools.
- Ability to create robust design, identify changes early in the design progress and to recognize design commonality.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in the FEA area and all associated processes, hydraulics, electronics, statistics and strength of materials which is critical to cost, durability and serviceability of products to use in performance of job duties, including checking machined, welded and assembled parts.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources to meet the needs and schedules of internal customers and respond immediately to production questions and crises with solutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to understand material strengths, fatigue strength, and manufacturability to ensure that the right configuration and materials are developed.
- Ability to supervise staff in the performance of duties such that performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- 2 years ago - save job