Musicians Institute is a contemporary school of music located in Hollywood California. We prepare our students for careers in the music industry as recording artists, performers, sound engineers, promoters and managers. Our students arrive with a passion for music and leave with the practical knowledge, technical skills and hands-on experience that it takes to transform their aspirations into careers.
Musicians Institute is looking for a part-time Country Rock (Baritone) Instructor for our Vocal Program department. The Country Rock (Baritone) Instructor will work to provide vocal training for students enrolled in the vocal program. This position teaches students of varying skill levels to sing Country Rock in a classroom performance setting (up to 30 students).
The Vocal Program is designed to assist novices in reaching their graduation objective of Certificate in Performance, Vocal (1 year) or Associate of Arts Degree in Performance, Vocal (1.5 years). The program teaches a number of disciplines requisite for the contemporary vocalist, such as: sight-singing, vocal performance, vocal technique, music theory, keyboards, arranging, and music notation. Non-performance requisites include: songwriting, music recording, music business, music marketing, promotional media, image development, and artist development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrate performance practices (in lab, and ensemble format: up to 30 students) in a Reggae Live Performance Workshop.
2. Follow all policies (and updates thereto) set forth by Program Chair and College Administration.
3. Maintain a positive and “student first” outlook at all times.
4. Strictly adhere to curricular materials: syllabi, lessons plans, curriculum, reference audio, textbooks, and charts, etc.
5. Be able to perform with accompanying musicians to give vocal demonstrations to students of specific songs, genres, styles, techniques, concepts, and/or approaches.
6. Ability to sight-read/sight-sing notated music.
7. Adequate piano skills (able to identify notes, play scales, triads, arpeggios, etc.).
8. Maintain a high level of production activity.
9. Able to work a flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) as needed.
1. Familiarity with (and proficiency in performing in) the Rock, Pop, and R&B genres.
2. Prior experience giving one-on-one private lessons and group classes (up to 30 students).
3. Ability to effectively and efficiently operate office equipment including telephones, copiers, fax machines, and computers.
4. Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook..
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Music/Voice.
2. Minimum 3 years of industry credits performing/recording (contemporary).
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to point, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.