Lend A Friend Companions/Homemakers Job Openings - Multiple Locations
WILLCARE, a successful regional leader in the home health care industry, currently has job openings for Lend-A-Friend Companion/Homemakers in Multiple Branch Locations . We have branch offices in Western NY, Hudson Valley NY, Connecticut, and Ohio. In business for over 25 years, WILLCARE operates Certified/Medicare, Long Term Care, Licensed/Private Duty, as well as non-medical services and supplemental staffing agencies. We provide qualified skilled and non-skilled services focusing on preventative, rehabilitative and therapeutic care to our clients in all applicable settings.
Job Title: Companion/Homemaker
Job Locations: Buffalo NY, Niagara Falls NY, Jamestown NY, Olean NY, Kingston NY, Middletown NY
Job Department: Paraprofessional
COMPANION/HOMEMAKER JOB SUMMARY
Provide assigned tasks to patients in their homes as outlined by the patient’s individual Plan of Care. All care/tasks provided are as authorized by the Agency as acceptable for the level of care in which the employee is functioning and must be detailed on the patient’s Plan of Care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR COMPANION/HOMEMAKER JOB POSITION
- Perform tasks/duties as outlined on the patient’s Plan of Care competently. The job duties may include, but are not limited to, companionship and conversation, meal preparation, accompaniment to appointments, escort to recreational activities, monitor patients’ ability to independently monitor their Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s), remind for self administered medications, observe for safety and orient to person, place and time. Notify the Nursing Department when clarification/education of a task is needed.
- Effectively communicate changes in patient’s status, requests for services outside the Plan of Care,changes in living conditions or any other pertinent information to the RN case manager/home health aide supervisor immediately.
- Document services provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with Agency Policies and patient’s Plan of Care. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Implement appropriate infection control practices.
- Submit Service Activity Sheets and timecards in a timely manner (i.e. weekly).
- Contribute to a positive environment for the overall quality of life of the patient.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to communicate well in English.
- Must be mature, emotionally stable and must display a sympathetic attitude toward providing services for patients at home who have medical problems.
WILLCARE - 8 months ago
WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty good job...