SUMMARY: The Shift Lead position is a Management support position. The overall purpose of the position is to assist the Plant Management team in operating the plant in an efficient, productive and profitable manner. Excellent communication skills, leadership abilities and production processing knowledge of the plant are required.
- Enforce Safety practices, the use of proper PPE, proper handling of chemicals & equipment.
- Oversee and report on, the plant production, employee functions.
- Fill in for operators while on vacation and call ins if replacement not found.
- Monitor track and report Plant C1P's and Sanitation logs to ensure equipment & plant operates effectively.
- Ensure employees follow proper GMP and HACCP practices.
- Verify personnel are completing reporting paperwork accurately.
- Notify Department Manager of labor shortages after replacement has been identified.
- Inform management with any information that impacts facility (i.e. down time, out of spec product, spills, accidents / injuries, etc.) immediately upon incident.
- Communicates /controls Emergency situations with shift personnel.
- Monitor Incoming & Outgoing shipments.
- Inspections of safety equipment (chemical shower / eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, stocking of safety cabinets / first aid cabinets.)
- Must assist with employee evaluations.
- Designate priorities for improving efficiency standards.
- Perform cross-training of plant personnel.
- Must be willing to attend seminars and classes for expanding his/her leadership abilities and knowledge (i.e. Supervisory Skills, Train the Trainer, etc).
- Must maintain employee confidentiality.
- Must possess a positive attitude, and be able to work well with other supporting staff.
- Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Communicate with the operators to gain knowledge of the present state of the equipment and production run.
- Communicate with all departmental operators to efficiently manage silo space and production schedules.
- Knows how to operate all production equipment in order to fill in for the operators.
- Must possess a valid forklift license.
- Must have at least 2 years food production experience.
- Daily work requires frequent moving, climbing and/or frequent exertion of light to moderate physical effort.
- Performs other duties/tasks that may be assigned by the Plant Management. The Plant Manager may modify, change or add to the duties/tasks of this Job Outline as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: The Mountain Lake plant is a 24/7 operation, including weekends and holidays
Position is for 6pm to 6am rotating shift.
Milk Specialties Company (or MSC for short) is not some miscellaneous company if you're are an animal. It manufactures animal feed and...