(JC-053-14) Continuous Improvement Engineer Location: Bedford, MA
Job description: The Continuous Improvement Engineer will support manufacturing and process operations at their facilities. This position will provide critical engineering support for various unit operations through the design, development and coordination of key process and engineering improvements as directed by company executive managers.
- Lead capital projects for both business development and improvement.
- Also lead process optimization/improvement efforts.
- Ability to analyze cost and build cost models of processing and manufacturing value streams. Should be proficient in EXCEL
- Possess training and solid experience in implementing lean manufacturing.
- Significant project management experience in capital projects; new equipment / new production lines.
- Desire to build expertise in the technology associated with recycling.
- Experienced in developing plant layouts and designing equipment. Proficient in CAD/ AutoCAD
- Possesses knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, electricity and equipment.
- Detect, track, diagnose and resolve production problems that do not meet operational, quality and economic standards
- Able to understand the implications of procedures, policies and regulations and be able to consistently apply them, particularly in terms of safety and environmental compliance.
- Able to train personnel to safely perform essential functions, duties and tasks.
- Exercise timely and effective corrective actions when operational standards are not met.
- BS in applied engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineer preferred)
- 5-7 years leadership position in a manufacturing environment – preferably in a related industry; Proven leadership skills; Documentable results; Excellent personal references
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite of Products; Knowledge and experience with process design and engineering specific software tools;
- Documentable training, certification or experiences in process improvement, PSM, 5S techniques, and SOP design and development will be preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience