(JC-088-14) Reliability Engineer Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job description: The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for PPM optimization; He/She will identify and prioritize performance killers, analyze repetitive equipment/system failures, small capital project development and management, compliance with manufacturing requirements, RCA and FMEA, and utilizing contractors and new technology/tools to ensure effective preventative/corrective maintenance of plant equipment.
The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer will also support process safety and capital project management. A summary of key responsibilities include:
- Translate Plant Management objectives into a Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Plan (PPM), in cooperation with maintenance management. Continuously develop and optimize the PPM, achieving maximum availability of the plant against the lowest costs
- Analyze the plant and determine the criticality of installed equipment. For critical equipment, perform Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), equipment specific for high critical, generic for medium critical
- Identify and prioritize performance killers and cost drivers related to equipment reliability by evaluating the performance of the plant, using statistical methods, RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis)
- Propose and initiate solutions to eliminate actual and potential performance barriers and discuss with stakeholders (maintenance, production, business, etc.). Ensure handover to appropriate work process
- Safeguard the availability of critical and other spare parts for the plant
- Initiate, prepare and manage small capital projects, modifications and feasibility studies which relate to improved equipment reliability
- Document, file and communicate all relevant information. Communicate solutions broadly within the company if synergy can be achieved.
- Suggest improvements to prevent recurring maintenance.
- Ensure addition, deletion and/or modification of new/existing PM schedules.
- Increase levels of user knowledge and ownership by supporting training to production (maint. apprentice program) and maintenance personnel
- Select issues to be addressed (performance killers & cost drivers)
- Ensure compliance of assigned projects/tasks with all relevant laws, SHE-and Q-requirements and other relevant regulations
- Analyze the CMMS system and ensure it is used effectively for proper maintenance and reliability of the plant
- Investigate maintenance staffing in view of contract personnel usage and develop business case for modifications to resources for sustainability
Machine Safety Responsibilities:
- RTO management
- Capex FEL and project management as assigned
- PSLC management ensuring roles defined, and training/compliance met according to company SHE Requirements
- Validate SCOPs and PSPs
- SIS management to ensure validation is maintained and system is fully reliable to meet RL requirements
- Machine Safety revalidation
- Hazop support and scenario write up for PREC feedback
- Write Safety Samplings, Risk Assessments, Zip/Safe’s follow all SHE rules in support of the Behavior Based Safety Process.
- Attend QC related training as required
- Complete Behavioral Observations (Peer to Peer Observations) in accordance with the annually published schedule.
- Participate in periodic comprehensive SHE inspections as required by Department Management.
- SHE reporting
- Employees that have to (support in) making risk assessment
- Employees that operate machines
- Management of Change Responsibilities include:
- Approval for changes affecting maintenance
- The Maintenance and Reliability Engineer must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering or a minimum of five years of work experience in plant reliability related to manufacturing per defined responsibilities previously listed.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills and be able to relate incidents and events that do not have obvious solutions
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The River Group - 30+ days ago