Provides counsel on legal rights and obligations pertaining to complex legal matters to protect the Company’s legal interests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Completes significant case or subject matter responsibilities and is assigned to most complex tasks.
- Prepares and reviews legal documents prior to execution to accurately convey the Company’s intent.
- Advises on and negotiates commercial and construction contracts, subcontracts, leases, letters of intent, joint venture agreements and transactional contracts, including debt and equity financing and mergers and acquisitions
- Identifies risks and proposes commercial terms to mitigate these risks.
- Provides advice and suggestions to less experienced attorneys.
- Reviews legal publications and pending legislation and advises management of changes that impact the Company.
- Assists with contractual issues related to development of renewable energy projects, including power purchase and interconnection agreements
- Manages external legal resources to ensure quality and consistency of service on a cost-effective basis.
- Assists in preparation of board papers summarizing transactions and risks and participates in board meetings as required to communication transactional structure and risks to the board.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Advanced skills in reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial contracts with little supervision.
- Advanced understanding of renewable energy project development, M&A, construction, and finance.
- Advanced skills in assessing commercial risks and developing solutions.
- Advanced ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work professionally with executives, clients, vendors and staff.
Physical requirements and environment:
- Bachelor’s degree and a JD from an accredited law school.
- Ability to practice in Colorado
- 8 years experience in commercial and construction law
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Renewable Energy Systems Ltd. - 8 months ago