Magna Seating, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seat solutions and seat mechanisms for the global automotive industry.
Independently develops, designs and improves new and existing automotive products. Draws from experience and knowledge and provides technical guidance to the engineering community. Generally completes the following duties and responsibilities with the support of engineering management.
• Generally assigned to complex components, sub-assemblies and systems. Assignments may include programs with new customers, the introduction of new technology, accelerated development cycles or integrated product lines.
• Coordinates the complete development for the designated products including, but not limited to design, build and test activities, in accordance with standard operating procedures and the product delivery process.
• Helps define and incorporates customer requirements, and product specifications into the design of the designated products, ensuring compliance with operational, cost, timing, safety, reliability, quality, and manufacturing feasibility parameters and government regulations.
• Analyzes products and formulates engineering conclusions by the application of engineering and/or mathematical principles and tools. Applies and facilitates QFD, FEA, FMEA, DOE, VA/VE and DFM/DFA in the development of the product.
• Writes/compiles and approves engineering content for the following deliverables: engineering specifications and documentation, including DVP&R’s, 8D’s, GD&T, BOM, prototype control plans, key product characteristics, engineering changes and work orders.
• Consults and collaborates with personnel in various engineering and design activities relative to product development requirements. Effectively conducts communications within the project team and the customer, supplier, manufacturing and quality communities with support from engineering management as required. Maintains all appropriate documentation.
• Provides engineering direction and support to design personnel.
• Reviews and approves engineering designs. Reviews, approves, completes, and submits required change notices to ensure design outputs meet design inputs.
• Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables. Develops project timing.
• Provides guidance to engineering personnel regarding best practices, design specifications, manufacturing processes, customer requirements and safety requirements.
• Contributes to the development of labor and material cost estimates for engineering changes.
• Authorities as detailed in Standard Operating Procedure 8000.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelors degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 7 years diversified engineering experience.
Ability to apply academic and other engineering principles in the development of automotive components.
Must be able to read blue prints. Competency in CAD and GD&T.
Proficient with statistical methods, i.e. APQP, DFSS.
Must be able to apply academic principles and utilize math-based tools.
Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving, presentations, and leadership.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, may require travel.
Magna - 10 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....