Applied Technologies, Information Communications
United States-Florida-Ft Lauderdale
Atkins is the largest engineering consultancy in the UK, the largest multidisciplinary consultancy in Europe and the fourteenth largest global design firm. Our skills lie in the expansive area of infrastructure – the wiring of society – as well as in our experience of working for a broad range of clients, including national and local governments as well as the commercial sector. The social and environmental framework of our work is crucial, and we view all our projects in the context of the communities in which they are delivered.
Atkins’ Applied Technologies Group offers full-scale software development services-leveraged hand-in-hand with engineering sciences and planning expertise. Our focus is on ensuring our clients get the most from their software investment from both a business and technical perspective. We emphasize seamless business workflows and flexible, scalable application to ensure that reliable data is available when it is needed most. To support this agenda, Atkins is currently seeking a enthusiastic and skilled .NET Developer to join our team in Ft. Lauderdale. The candidate must have the ability to work as a team member, take direction from senior staff and help manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Typical duties and responsibilities of the job include:
- Develops customized applications or modifies exisiting application through documented code in the applicable environment.
- Conducts database design, conversion, and assembly of data in a variety of formats.
- Prepares data documentation or matadata for application development projects.
- Prepares database/application design reports and process flow diagrams.
- Participates in client needs analyses.
- Maintains continued knowledge of technology developments in the field and in use of applicable programming languages.
- Monitors quality control within area of responsibility.
- Assists Senior Developers in certain aspects of project management.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Appropriately Qualified Candidates will possess the following skills, certifications, and experience:
Atkins is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Drug-Free employer, offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits package including the opportunity to learn new skills and stay up to date in technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related field; or relevant computer programming experience after obtaining a degree in Geography, Planning, Civil Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Four to six years experience developing software solutions.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development process.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts.
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Expertise using Microsoft .NET technologies and the C# programming language.
- Expertise with JAVA a plus.
- Silverlight/WPF development experience desired.
- Experience with Microsoft SWL Server 2005/2008 database management system required.
- Experience with development for Primavera desired.
- Microsoft Sharepoint Development experience desired.
Faithful+Gould - 19 months ago