Must Interview in-person
Must be Senior Level Only
H1s are Can apply
Location is Troy
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Application Developer reporting directly to the Application Development Manager. We are primarily a Microsoft shop using Visual Studio development tools to create VB, Winforms, C#, ASP.NET and .NET applications that connect to SQL Server databases.
If you want to utilize all of your experience and skills, come join our Application Development team.
Very strong SQL skills are required. This is a data conversion project, so experience working with large amounts of data is important.
- Design and develop new, high performance applications using C#/ Visual Studio 2010
- Write SQL queries to report analyze large volumes of data for quality, trends and opportunities
- Build optimized routines to extract, transform and load (ETL) gigabytes of data to/from various data sources
- Peer review the code, design and architecture of existing and future large-scale solutions
- Efficiently build maintainable tools that increase productivity and quality
- Keep up to date with the latest tools, techniques and best practices and help introduce new ideas to the team
- Generate technical artifacts describing solution architecture, data flow, process flow and software design
- Consult with Business Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, Subject Matter Experts to understand and resolve issues as well as design and implement new solutions
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in application development
- Strong experience with .NET, Winforms, VB, , C# code development
- Demonstrated ability to understand relational data models
- Experience working with a relational database system such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Author/update SQL queries joining 10 or more tables
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (MS Access, MS Excel and MS Word)
- Previous experience working with the automotive aftermarket data