.Net Development Lead - WCF / ADO.NET / SaaS
The .Net Development Lead is an integral part of the Product Development team. This is a hands-on leadership role responsible for managing individuals and processes related to the design, development and delivery of a range of complex online client-facing applications. The Development Lead will be responsible for delivery of high quality product outcomes within agreed budgets and timelines through the oversight and direction of talented offshore development teams.
This role will be responsible for managing a portion of the Product Development staff, managing the work efforts of one or more offshore development teams along with taking on some of the development work as needed. This person needs to be well organized and have the technical skills to be effective in their work and their ability to coach, mentor, lead, and influence others.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with multi-tier application design patterns and development of server-side web application software for functionality across multiple browser platforms. He/She must have extremely strong technical skills, prior experience managing developers on distributed teams (including offshore resources), high degree of proficiency with Microsoft .Net technologies, experience with agile methodologies and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
As a guide, the profile of the role is 50% technical specification development, 25% technical direction, oversight and code review and 25% interaction with other Product Development functions, including Business Analysis and Quality Assurance.
.Net Development Lead Knowledge, Skillsets and Abilities Required
• Extensive knowledge of .NET Framework (C#, ASP.NET 3.5+, ADO.NET)
• Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, SQL Server Enterprise Manager/Query Analyzer, SQL Server 200, 2008, 2012
• Ability to program in C# and ASP.NET, HTML and XML
• Experience with Web Services, WF and WCF is preferred
• Comprehensive experience of formal design, patterns, frameworks, architectures, and data modeling, across all three tiers; web/rich client, application and database
• Knowledge of relational database design; proven experience using SQL Server & T-SQL, with ability to write stored procedures, user defined functions & SQL queries
• Comprehensive experience of object-oriented design, multi-threaded programming, distributed systems, and data caching
• Experience with supervision of development staff, including: setting objectives, assigning and prioritizing work, establishing and maintaining product quality, managing timeliness of work, interpreting and carrying out established policy, training and discipline
• Experience in software development, unit testing and integration testing methodologies, performance/load testing, and configuration management
• Experience with Agile/Scrum-based development models
• Previous experience designing large-scale SaaS web/E-commerce applications a plus
• Bachelor in MIS, CIS, CET, CS or equivalent experience.
.Net Development Lead Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a development team (potentially consisting of both on-shore and off-shore resources) delivering high-quality Microsoft .Net-based solutions on time and on budget as part of the overall product release plan.
• Provide technical leadership including design, coding, code reviews, unit testing, and configuration/release management
• Develop technical specification packages based upon functional specifications and use cases documenting business requirements for new functionality
• Focus development effort on reuse, granularity, modularity, componentization and interoperability of delivered platform, components, applications and technologies
• Understand and adhere to development standards and compliance requirements (both common and industry-specific)
• Perform quality testing in collaboration with Quality Assurance staff to identify and correct defects in the newly developed code
• Analyze and recommend of new technologies and/or further application of existing .Net capabilities, which will enhance current solutions and support overall corporate and product strategy/roadmap.
• Analyze existing code base and identify opportunities for performance improvements through re-factoring and/or re-design
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://orlando.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends-who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
o Medical Benefits
o Consultant Lunches and Outings
o Dental Benefits
o Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
o ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
o Consultant Web-Site
o Name Plates
o Care packages/Survival packs
o Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as "Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011" by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus Corporation - 2 years ago
Veredus provides the best IT professionals for contract and permanent placement. By taking the time to understand each company’s...