Description of position
The.NET Systems Analyst Level III function is a technical position within I/S. This position supports in-place technologies & technology users via defined procedures. The position reports to an I/S manager and is part of a team responsible for support new or existing applications for various business functions.
1. This position will interface with the corporate finance, tax, treasury, and legal departments to gather requirements, conduct business process mapping discussions, configure the solutions, guide system and integration testing, and manage the implemented solutions.
2. Lead project assignments to coordinate, design, develop, and implement business solutions.
3. Implement application and system upgrades. Manage new system software and hardware implementation.
4. Identify opportunities for functional capabilities that improve business processes, operational efficiencies, and information accuracy. Develop application knowledge to assist users in configuration decisions.
5. Comply with the internal System Development and Implementation Methodology to ensure system integrity and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
6. Analyzes user requirements to determine configuration and customization
7. Configures, implements, maintains and upgrades applications modules
8. Codes, test, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
9. May be involved in the requirements definitions and software vendor selection process
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Participate in staff meetings and team meetings as required.
2. Develop understanding of general industry usage of supported technologies.
3. Develop basic understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies.
4. Develop relationships within I/S and with supported customers to improve collaboration and teamwork necessary to accomplish organizational objectives.
5. Participate in a development planning process where employee career goals are defined & understood and development activities are incorporated into the employee objectives.
6. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related business field or relevant experience required
Must have general functional knowledge of financial management and reporting, tax reporting and compliance, treasury management and legal compliance.
Solid technical experience with relational databases a must. Experience preferred with distributed multi-tier Client Server applications running on Oracle and SQL databases with Windows OS, SSIS, VMWare and SAN environments. Working experience of TOAD and SQL Reporting Solutions (SSRS) desirable.
Must have 3-5 years programming experience in in C#, Microsoft.NET, HTML, and SSRS.
Bachelor's degree in I/T field (computer science, information systems, etc.) with a minimum of 5 years' experience
Tech Proficiency - Extensive working experience with required technologies and can handle advanced & complex tasks with minimal supervision; able to navigate successfully through all typical technical obstacles in a manner consistent with programming standards
Analytical Abilities - Advanced problem-solving skills including complex and time-sensitive problems where erroneous results could have a significant adverse impact on daily operations
Business Knowledge - Extensive working experience in the functional area supported; regularly collaborates with stakeholders to improve the use of supported technologies within the business
Project Management - Can manage significant projects effectively demonstrating a working knowledge of project management techniques
Communication skills - Strong verbal & written skills. Communications are complete and understandable with appropriate tone and delivery. Presentation and negotiation skills are developing.
Independence - Needs only general direction at the start of a task to perform job duties
Mentoring - Mentor to other professionals; may be subject matter expert in several areas
Quality - Makes good decisions & designs solid solutions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience & judgment; can accurately estimate time, resources & costs for intermediate projects