CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for an NDE Specialist 1. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you!
The NDE Specialist I is the entry level position within the NDE Specialist job program. Progression to the Specialist II and III levels require the pursuit of college level training as specified within the job program guidelines. College curriculum is pursued outside of normal working hours and is eligible for reimbursement under the CPS Energy Tuition Reimbursement Policy. Applicants must be willing and able to obtain twelve (12) hours of college credits as outlined in the NDE Specialist program within two (2) years of being selected for the position. Failure to obtain the required college credits will result in termination of employment. Offers for employment will be contingent upon passing a job specific functional physical exam.
As an NDE Specialist you are:
• Performing non-destructive testing procedures on power plant operating equipment to determine and/or anticipate metal failures
• Performing visual inspections and operating specialized testing equipment to determine metal conditions, thickness, cracks, and failures
• Assisting the NDE Specialist II and III as required
• Photographing metal failures and surface conditions to help establish history information and predict potential problems
• Entering test information into the computer and assisting with compiling and writing periodic reports
• The position entails 90% field work and 10% office work
Required Qualifications: :
• Completion of college-level Algebra and Introductory Physics I courses or the equivalent
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lift/move/transport equipment
• Ability to climb and maneuver through power plant components (turbines, boilers, etc.)
• Ability to differentiate between colors
• Ability to work overtime including nights, weekends, or holidays
• Must possess a valid Texas drivers license with a history of safe driving record in accordance with CPS Energy policies, procedures, safety standards and applicable laws and regulations
• Ability to analyze and solve complex situations with effective logical/reasoning skills
• Must be self-motivated, inquisitive and demonstrate a high level of accountability
• Must be able to work under pressure alone and/ or as part of a team
• Ability to work in an environment that includes exposure to dirt, dust, dim lighting, confined spaces and high elevations with possible exposure to temperature variations, high voltage, airborne particles and adverse conditions
CPS Energy - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...