Hours of work assigned may vary week-to-week depending on the needs of the person.
- Provide personal care to the assigned individual in the areas of hygiene, grooming, dressing, bathing, feeding, and transferring, as needed.
- Assist the person with household maintenance such as doing laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, etc.
- Transport the individual to medical appointments or day program as required.
- Obtain the necessary medical documentation when attending medical appointments with the person and document that information in the medical log.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision and training as scheduled. Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Document the services provided in the communication and staff log as required. Complete data collection as necessary.
- Ensure the person's safety and comply with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-On-Call whenever possible.
- Perform duties consistent with program and agency policies and procedures.
- Provide support services in a professional manner, maintaining confidentiality.