Southeast Island School District (SISD) is seeking one or two teachers for Hyder School. Hyder School is a preK-12 school. The selected applicant(s) must:
Housing may be available; SISD offers excellent health benefits and a housing stipend. Hyder is a small, remote town on the mainland, deep in Southeast Alaska, with excellent outdoor opportunities. Families are supportive, with students who appreciate your efforts. We have extensive technological support for students, and place a high value on engaging students. Our students are very successful and we wish to see them active and engaged in learning. We seek teachers who are willing to share hobbies, interests, and talents beyond their academic certification(s).
- hold a valid Alaska Teaching Certificate
- Multiple areas of certification desirable
- meet the requirements for positions partially or fully funded by NCLB Title grants
- meet the NCLB "highly qualified" requirements
- "Highly qualified" status in multiple content areas preferred
- Selected applicant(s) may be required to become "highly qualified" in specific content areas within three (3) years
For more information about SISD, visit our website at www.sisd.org
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to Chris Page Haufe via email or fax ( emailed applications are preferred ). Send your information to:
For additional information, contact Chris Page Haufe at 907-828-8254.
k12jobspot.com - 30+ days ago