1151-12T Cloud / NoSQL Engineer (Tucson)
TES is looking for a passionate self-starter to help develop the next generation of Intelligence planning tools through cutting-edge technology and innovation.
The ideal candidate possesses a broad and extensive skill set coupled with a demonstrated desire to learn, utilize, and improve upon new and diverse technologies. This role is extremely fast paced, and requires a candidate that can thrive in an agile, collaborate, and at times chaotic environment. In this role, you'll:
- Take a major contributing role in the company's flagship project.
- Work closely with intelligence subject matter experts, fellow developers, and customers to fundamentally shape and improve the way we gather intelligence now and into the future.
- Turn your innovation into reality through rapid prototyping and development iterations.
- Apply your extensive knowledge of cloud environments, distributed computing, NoSQL databases, and best practices to enhance the intelligence gathering experience on next-generation platforms.
What you bring to the team:
- 3 or more years developing and/or designing NoSQL data stores like Hadoop, MongoDB, Accumulo, Riak, Membase, and the like.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Ability and desire to participate in a fast paced, challenging work environment.
- Knowledge and use of best practices in all aspects including designing, development, and delivery.
- An understanding of the concepts that go into high-availability, distributed, and cloud computing.
- An ability to collaborate and communicate at multiple levels. Equally comfortable talking to the customer, to the boss, and to other developers to derive and implement requirements.
- A passion for making it "the best"
- Skills to include, but not limited to:
o Toolchain: Eclipse, Ant/Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory/Nexus
o Fundamental understanding of BigTable concepts.
o Understanding of high-availability distributed computing, and distributed storage environments.
o Ability to comprehend and communicate abstract and complex designs / concepts.
o Virtual Machines, platforms and platforms
o Cloud Technologies, Architectures, and Tools
o NOSQL technologies like Accumulo/Cloudbase, MongoDB, Riak, Membase / Clouchbase, and Hadoop.
o Familiarity with MapReduce jobs and Streaming Ingestion techniques.
o Service Oriented Architectures for more than just webapps.
o Windows and Linux based environments.
o Experience with Natural Language Processing or Analytics in a NoSQL and/or Cloud based datastore is a bonus.
- TS SCI preferred, Secret or the ability to obtain a secret clearance required.
For additional consideration, be sure to include samples of past projects, design, or even publically available/open-source code examples through sources like github.
Tucson Embedded Systems, Inc. (TES) was founded in 1997 by four engineers, each with an average of over 10 years experience in embedded...