1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Current or previous successful metal fabrication experience preferred.
3. Good communication skills. Fluent in English; verbal and written
4. Ability to learn quickly.
5. Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
6. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
7. Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
8. Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection and electrostatic discharge wear.
9. Physical requirements include the ability to:
9.1. distinguish and identify wire and paint colors;
9.2. read fine print with or without the use of corrective lenses
9.3. work with odors (solder/paint/solvent/manufacturing odor);
9.4. lift and carry heavy (up to 50
lbs) and/or awkward items
9.5. stand or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion (including but not limited to bending and lifting) required to perform the job functions
9.6. maintain steady hand-eye coordination
9.7. reach in all directions and in potentially awkward positions
10. Background check will be conducted.
11. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling four markets: Large Sport Venue, High School Park & Recreation, Commercial and Transportation. Sports Products Manufacturing assembles, tests, and packages a variety of styles of scoreboards for sporting applications, such as Baseball, Basketball, Football, Aquatics, etc. Metal Fabrication manufactures sheet metal assemblies, and welded extruded frames.
1. Setup and operate a variety of machines (for example: notches, shear, turret punch, press brake). Operate some computer-controlled machines. Basic layout. Use precision measuring instruments, calipers, square, etc.
2. Safely and responsibly use tools, including air driven, power, manual and other tools (for example: drills, riveting guns).
3. Follow written instructions and blueprints. Record work done. Perform basic math calculations.
4. Accurately and consistently complete quality work in a timely manner. Inspect own work. Quickly learn new tasks. Accurately and consistently complete repetitive tasks.
5. Work effectively as a team member; work with little supervision; help when and where needed; make suggestions for process and product improvement; communicate effectively with team members. Follow company guidelines.
6. Work scheduled hours. Work overtime when necessary.
7. Willing to work in any manufacturing department through flexibility.
8. Perform other duties as needed to meet customer expectations.
9. Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work area in accordance with Daktronics Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include the following: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, electrostatic discharge wear and others as determined necessary by Daktronics Risk and Safety Department.
South Dakota State Government - 21 months ago