Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15 - 20 hours / week during the academic year and at least 20 hours / week during the summer.
1. Educational requirements: The ideal candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Construction Management related degree and in their sophomore, junior or senior year of school. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered. Must maintain an acceptable GPA.
2. Daktronics experience/knowledge preferred or other relevant project experience.
3. Basic computer skills software programs include Glovia, Excel, Word and Outlook.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional; telephone skills.
5. Detailed oriented.
6. Fluent in English, written and verbal.
7. Ability to travel by ground. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
8. Background check may be conducted.
9. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
The Project Coordinator Student position will assist the full time Project Coordinator staff with the project manufacturing process. Student will be involved in all aspects of the project flow including scheduling, design, production, shipping, installation and project close.
1. Assist Project Coordinators with different aspects of contract orders such as:
1.1 Assist with project commissioning activities.
1.2 Check on assembly progress in the factory and verify that progress meets project goals.
1.3 Become knowledgeable of computer reports and scheduling process.
1.4 Purchase special order parts for the contract and call vendors to verify delivery times, follow up on any past due deliveries.
1.5 Collect, package and ship part to job sites as needed.
1.6 Review Bill of Materials to verify all items have been shipped after substantial completion of the project.
1.7 Coordination of in-house project tasks including project accounting, material requisition, manufacturing/product throughput, shipping and management feedback.
1.8 Assistance with generating, entering and monitoring project budgets and schedules.
1.9 Assist with communicating Contract Schedules to manufacturing to optimize efficiency of work orders through manufacturing plant including deliver of quick turn work orders.
1.10 Maintain subcontractor database, request insurance certificates and process lien waivers. 1.10 Gather information for new vendors.
2. Will learn Master Production Scheduling and Inventory Control.
3. Work with little supervision. Complete quality work in a timely manner. Communicate effectively. Work as an effective team member.
4. Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours. Learn and follow company policies and procedures. Be flexible to work in other departments as needed.
5. Perform other projects and duties as needed to meet customer expectation.
6. Use Lean office techniques to identify and eliminate waste.
South Dakota State Government - 12 months ago