2013/2014 Teacher, Music (Elementary & Secondary) |
Credential authorizing instruction of music at the elementary and/or secondary level
Two years of instrumental music instruction at the appropriate level Must have English Learner Authorization and be NCLB compliant.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of and ability to implement the subject matter, philosophical, social, and educational concepts relative to the duties and responsibilities listed on this job description
ELEMENTARY MUSIC TEACHER:
Expected to teach classroom music (4th grade recorders and/or primary K-3)
* Have a specialty-Band, strings and/or Choir
* Be able to motivate and encourage students
* Have a positive working relationship with peers and administration
* Be Flexible
* Be able to teach students to read, write music notiation
* Produce successful concerts for parents to appreciate their child's development in music
* Have high expectations for yourself and your students, and know how to reach them.
SECONDARY MUSIC TEACHER:
In addition to the above, secondary music teachers will need to:
* Understand and be able to develop all aspects of a successful program
* Effectively fundraise, by following district and legal guidelines
* Work with and support other groups and sports on campus
* Be a team player, and participate in school activities with students in your program
* Have a positive relationship with the music community
* Be prepared to have ensembles perform at district and community events that occasionally occur on Saturdays and Sundays
* Have high expectations for yourself and your students, and know how to reach them
DO NOT APPLY ON EDJOIN, APPLY AT http://www.fresnounified.org/dept/hr
Please refer to "Job Description" and "Salary Schedule" links on the Human Resources website. http://www.fresnounified.org/dept/hr
California's fourth-largest school district - with an enrollment of more than 73,000 students - is making huge strides in preparing career ready graduates. Guided by the Board of Education's Core Beliefs that all students can and must learn at grade level and beyond, the district is gaining momentum to boost student achievement.
The Board of Education, Superintendent, and Community of Fresno are committed to creating a CULTURE where:
Diversity is Valued
Accelerating Learning for Each Student is Key
Good First Teaching is the Focus
Collaborating with Civic Leaders Positively Impacts the Community
FUSD is seeking dynamic, dedicated and motivated individuals for the "2013/2014" school year. Individuals need to be committed to continuous improvement, results driven and eager to work in a diverse community.