Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction networks in the country serving a
broad range of industries including healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation,
transportation, and water/wastewater. Headquartered in New York with 35 offices across the country, Skanska USA employs approximately 7,000 employees committed to sustainable construction and an injury-free workplace. Skanska USA Building, which specializes in building construction, and Skanska USA Civil, which is focused on civil infrastructure, generated $4.8 billion in revenue in 2010, representing 31 percent of Skanska’s global construction revenues. Additional operations in the U.S. include Skanska USA Commercial Development, which pursues commercial development initiatives in select U.S. markets, and Skanska Infrastructure Development Americas, which develops public-private partnerships. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $16.9 billion in 2010.
The Project Engineer assists and supports Project Manager and Superintendent on assigned projects.
The position works under direct supervision, performs routine daily activities and gathers and distributes information.
The Project Engineer must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Setup initial contracts and project information in PMIS
• Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
• Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
• Assist in management of project permit process
• Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement
• Update construction schedule based on project team input, Trade Contractor progress and materials delivery
• Change management systems, including soliciting, receiving, reviewing, and preparing quotations and change orders
• Track and inspect material deliveries
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of Prolog
• Knowledge of Suretrak or Primavera
• Broad understanding of industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic math/accounting skills
• Functions effectively as part of a team
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Ability to understand and follow directions
• Good time management skills and organizational skills
• Ability to read drawings and specifications
Education and/or Experience
• Seeking students who will graduate in 2013 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
• Entry-level to 3 years of industry experience
Skanska is an EEO/AA Employer
Skanska - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Skanska USA Building Inc. is a leading national and local provider of construction, pre-construction consulting, general contracting and...