Closing Date: March 29, 2013
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
Accounting and Finance professionals at Bechtel support projects and/or corporate services. They are responsible for ensuring the proper accounting and financial tracking for all aspects of major construction subcontract relative to invoicing, unit rates, etc. Accounting and finance professionals are also tasked with producing reports and analysis related to project costs. Additionally, they assist in coordinating and reviewing the financial gross margin of project reports, and make adjustments relative to appropriate cost and revenue accruals in accordance with Bechtel Policies and Procedures.
The total number of accounting and finance positions hired and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and include Frederick, MD, Glendale, AZ, Houston, TX, Reston, VA, and San Francisco, CA among others.
General Job Duties
Accounting and Finance professionals are typically responsible for:
- Assisting with the operation of financial and administrative controls in accordance with policies, procedures, and client requirements
- Conducting project accounting activities, including general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and detailed job cost and commitment ledgers
- Supporting reporting requirements
- Preparing monthly billings in accordance with contract terms
- Providing analysis of financial information, including cost estimating and forecasting
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, completed no later than Spring 2013 and no more than 12 months prior to Spring 2013
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, completed no later than Spring 2013 and no more than 12 months prior to Spring 2013
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The vision to build a better world
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right — no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE)
Bechtel - 2 years ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...