Closing Date: March 29, 2013
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Bechtel’s internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Bechtel hires summer interns on a variety of teams including tax accounting, financial reporting and analysis, and financial processing. Accounting and Finance interns at Bechtel support projects and/or corporate services. They are responsible for ensuring the proper accounting and financial documentation for all aspects of major construction subcontract relative to invoicing, unit rates, etc. Interns are also tasked with producing reports and analysis related to project costs. Accounting and Finance interns have a world of career opportunities at Bechtel.
General Job Duties
Tax Accounting Interns – San Francisco, CA
- Extract, analyze and compile financial data for tax return preparation purposes in the tax department
- Work as part of a team in developing tax returns and reports
- Exposure to various areas of the tax department (US Compliance, International and Planning) to allow for exposure to different processes that occur within the department and the finance group overall.
- Hands-on extracting information from various financial reporting systems
- Utilizing tools in a Microsoft environment and the basic modules of a tax preparation software program (Thomson Reuters OneSource)
- Preference: Current enrollment in a Graduate Tax Program with undergraduate coursework in Accounting
Finance Interns – San Francisco, CA
- Participate in a developmental rotational internship program including assignments in Management Information & Planning, Treasury, and Financial Reporting.
- Assist with the development of information and processes linked to the achievement of the goals and objectives of each Finance department. Guidance will be given by a responsible supervisor within each department.
- Participate in rotational assignments in areas as cash management, foreign exchange, credit management, corporate investments, financial accounting and reporting, and working on a project in the Management Information and Planning Group.
- Projects involving collection, assessment, evaluation, reporting, and presentation of data. Success in the rotational internship program will require cross-functional relationships and strong communication skills.
Finance Interns – Glendale, AZ
- Perform a variety of accounting operations support activities in one or several of these areas: Billing, Payroll, General Accounting, and Management Information.
- Works closely with project managers, project controls and other project personnel to provide accounting support involving the preparation of client invoices.
- Detailed analysis of project costs using a computerized billing system to generate the invoice and supporting schedules.
- Performs a variety of payroll functions to ensure employees are compensated correctly.
- Assists with updating employee master file data, uploading and balancing of daily time files, processing adjustments, transmitting files to assigned construction projects, and running post payroll reports.
- Performs basic accounting functions such as accounts payables and receivables, general ledger maintenance, disbursements and auditing. Also prepares spreadsheets and performs analysis.
- Supports the development and maintenance of budgets and forecasts. Analyzes historical costs to perform forecasting and gathers financial metrics for management reporting purposes.
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Completed at two years of undergraduate studies in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Previous co-op or internship experience in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong GPA
The vision to build a better world
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right — no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE)
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...