The EW Scripps Student Internship Program provides over 40 industry-wide paid internships to college and graduate students from across the country in categories such as web/digital, production, story-telling, producing, creative services and promotions and advertisement sales – to name a few.
The program gives college students in-depth exposure to professional television production during an eight-week summer period in Kansas City, MO.
To qualify for a PAID internship program, qualified internship candidates must possess:
· Be at least 18 years of age, and are enrolled as a full-time student.
· Consent to pre-placement testing which includes successful passing of a test for the illegal use of drugs (may also include a reference and background check) as well as satisfactorily providing other standard employment prerequisites.
· Start Date: June 11 th through July 27 th , 2013 (length of term 8 weeks)
· Work Week: Standard work week will be 20 hours. Hours are determined upon Manager and Student. Hours worked by intern must not exceed 20 hours.
· Transportation: Intern is responsible for transportation to and from work. Intern is not allowed to operate a company vehicle.
· Interns will be compensated at the hourly rate of $8.00 an hour.
· Intern is responsible for providing the company with the necessary documentation in order for you to receive credit for the internship
If interested and qualify, please apply online at www.scripps.com/careers
The E. W. Scripps Company (Scripps) is a diverse media company with interests in newspaper publishing, television and licensing and...