DK Security is recruiting for the position of part-time, Unarmed Security Officer for a local, high-end retail store located in Troy, MI. You will find the job description listed below. Please review the position carefully. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please follow the instructions listed below to complete the online application.
Part-Time Unarmed Security Officer (Plain Clothes)
1st Shift, Weekends As Needed
Hours per Week Will Vary Based on Client Needs
Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, tenants and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters. Specifically, Security Officers at this location are to maintain order, protect clients, staff, visitors and property from harassment, injury, damage or theft and take appropriate action as specified in the Procedure Manual for the location.
- Must provide above excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Must understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Recognize dangerous conditions about building and grounds and respond as necessary.
- Meet and deal courteously, diligently and effectively with the public.
- Have knowledge of safety precautions and of fire prevention methods.
- Prepare clear, concise, complete and accurate written reports.
- Security Officers will need to walk, stand, run and climb over prolonged periods of time so that the guard personnel can perform the tasks detailed in the specifications.
- Must be able to remain alert, even tempered, and exercise good judgment in stressful situations.
- Will use client property including keys, access badges, and safety equipment entrusted to his/her responsibility.
- Will, at times, need to initiate and render first assistance in first aid to members, employees, volunteers, and visitors in situations of emergency, injury, or illness.
- Must wear conservative business attire including a dark suit, white shirt, tie, and black business shoes or other uniform approved by the client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. must be cleanly shaven, no visible tattoos, and limited ear piercings only).
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Retired Law Enforcement preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as a minimum.
- Must possess above average computer skills; specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and have the ability to navigate through different security monitoring systems.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must have verification of High School diploma or G.E.D.; however, a minimum of at least some college credit is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; walk long distances; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and be able to speak and hear. Officers must also be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects.
- Must have a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and high noise levels. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee must work independently and with other staff to meet demands from several persons at the same time.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status. M/F EEO/AA Employer
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Once your application is submitted and reviewed, a response will be issued via a telephone call or email.
DK Security - 16 months ago