The primary responsibilities of this position is to assist in the development of styles from prototype through approved production sample, ensuring effective communication of prototype requirements across internal and external Carhartt departments. This role will also be responsible for working with the Gerber Pattern system which includes digitizing and correcting patterns and blocks.
- Responsible for digitizing, organizing and storing corrected patterns and blocks from Technical Designers.
- Print out patterns as needed from vendors and / or Technical Designers.
- Check patterns in system for adherence to specifications requested in development / FOT/production packages.
- Assist in the building and development of a Block Reference Library.
- Assist in the development of patterns and blocks from development through to fit approval. Update as needed or directed and communicate out to vendor partners throughout the process.
- Measure and evaluate product samples in comparison to product specification and construction requests.
- Attend fit sessions as needed to understand the direction of the block and pattern.
- Cut out patterns and measure key points on garments to ensure garments match pattern blocks.
- Assist with measuring and evaluating samples and or competitor’s garments.
- Organize files and product samples and track pattern and product information to ensure all are current and up to date.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to calendar deadlines for development, fit approval and salesmen samples.
- Detailed and accurate fit, grade and construction details.
- Corrected patterns and blocks are digitized, organized and stored from Technical Designers in a timely and organized manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in apparel and or textiles or related field and/or equivalent years of experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of pattern making, draping and understanding of grading principles.
- Proficient in Gerber or lecture digitizing systems.
- Well-developed computer skills: excel, word, Illustrator and PDM or PDM like system.
- Basic sewing and garment construction knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management and retail partners.
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
Carhartt is an equal opportunity employer/M/F/V/D.
- Typical office environment; cubicle/office setting. Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
- Light lifting may be required. 25 LBS
- Willing to work some weekends if necessary.
- National and international travel required (up to 10%).
- Carhartt is a tobacco free workplace.
Carhartt, Inc. - 15 months ago