Health and dental benefits are NOT provided. Starting salary is based on qualifications and experience. Newly hired part-time teachers shall be on probation until the following conditions are met:
a. Total hours worked equal 110, and
b. The teacher has worked in at least 6 semesters (fall, spring, or summer).
*600 level courses are not counted toward meeting the probationary requirements.
Applications for this position will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2013/2014 academic school year.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for instructing adult students in Body Structure and Function at the vocational and associate degree credit levels. Assist with the development of instructional strategies and curriculum.
This position reports to the Associate Dean – School of Health Education.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for instruction in the Body Structure and Function program including but not limited to the following courses: Basic human body structure and functions, including fundamentals needed to understand and evaluate health practices related to each system and the body as a whole, etc.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Participate in in-service meetings, convocation training, staff development trainings or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
6. Maintain certification as an instructor with the Wisconsin Technical College System and approval with Department of Health and Family Services.
7. Assist students in developing work experience assignments such as internships, work study assignments, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
4. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds.
5. Ability to interact with business and industry to establish partnerships.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited public or private institution or the following equivalent:
a. Occupational experience combined with education and training preparing a person for the occupation totaling 7 years or 14,000 hours.
2. Two (2) years (4000 hours) of related work experience. Work experience must come from the categories listed on the Wisconsin Technical College system website:
3. State certified or eligible for state certification by the Wisconsin Technical College System ( WTCS ) to teach at the College level.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Madison College will keep your application materials for this position in our database as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when the need arises. Part-time instructors are hired on a per course basis and must meet the Wisconsin Technical College System certification requirements. The teaching hours for a part-time instructor vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes. Courses are taught in both a general lab setting and a classroom setting.
If interested, please complete the required online application and attach a resume, cover letter, and transcripts (unofficial copy). Please note that all transcripts will be checked for verification of accreditation before hire. Submission and receipt of this material does not infer acceptance as a part-time instructor or guarantee an interview.
This pool will close on January 31, 2014. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you are welcome to apply for future employment postings.
We regard diversity in the workforce as a competitive advantage and strongly support its presence in our educational environment.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS :
When applying for this position, the system will prompt you to respond to the following supplemental questions. Failure to respond WILL RESULT IN THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION .
1. What days of the week, including Weekends, are you available during the day or evening? Please specify times. (Example: Tuesdays, Thursday 5-9 pm)
2. Please indicate which Madison College Campus site (s) you are interested in teaching at (Madison Truax Campus, Madison Downtown Education Center, Madison South Campus, Madison West Campus, Watertown, Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg).
With campuses in Madison, Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg and Watertown, Madison College serves more than 40,000 students throughout a...