Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for over twenty years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Analyst to work on-site with a client in Northeastern Iowa for approximately three years, with the distinct possibility of the role converting to full-time direct with the client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will provide assistance and guidance to the design teams when structural issues arise by using CAE tools to model, identify, and resolve the problem. You will be expected to fully understand the physics of the problem, use CAE tools to simulate the physics of the problem, build the model, create an efficient but accurate mesh, use proper boundary conditions, solve the analysis, and be able to resolve convergence issues. You will post process the results, identify high stress/strains areas, and conduct necessary additional calculations. You will analyze fatigue, temperature, and vibration effects, interpret the results, and provide corrective action to resolve the problem. You will also give regular updates via email or presentations to primary stakeholders and document the problem, procedure, analysis and results. We recognize the specialized nature of this position and will compensate the employee accordingly. If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong, broad understanding of finite element analysis and 3-5 years’ experience.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, especially mechanical, thermal, and fatigue.
- Broad general knowledge of engine components and systems and how they interact.
- Basic understanding of materials (Structural and Thermal). Detailed experience in high temperatures, fatigue, etc. preferred.
- CAD and FEA software experience, particularly with Pro/Engineer and ANSYS.
- Good computer skills, excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal and team skills.
- Practical knowledge/understanding of structures preferred.
- 3 years ago - save job