PLEASE NOTE: PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL CANDIDATES (LOCAL IS CONSIDERED WITHIN 50 MILES OF SAN JOSE, CA). NO RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
Company: 8x8, Inc.
Location: USA - CA - San Jose
Functional Area: Customer Support & Success
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Title: Knowledge Specialist Content Editor
Job ID #: 2405 .0078
The Knowledge Management Specialist promotes knowledge management and manages the content flow throughout the 8x8 support and partner organizations. The primary goal of the position is to reduce real-time demand on 8x8 Customer Success and Support (CSS) teams by identifying and managing information that can deflect customer inquiries from live support teams to a self-service knowledge portal, increasing customer satisfaction.
Must have excellent editorial skills to deliver easy-to-understand answers to 8x8 customers, sales partners, and employees. The ideal candidate will be comfortable developing and editing content in various media, including knowledge base and learning management systems (LMS), audio, video, screen-casting, and case management systems. The position requires the ability to capture, edit, and reuse knowledge; drive adoption of best practices, training and tools; promote an internet knowledge-sharing culture; and moderate a knowledge-sharing community.
- Build a knowledge-sharing community
- Teach users to effectively use knowledge management tools, resources and best practices
- Manage the workflow to create, approve, and publish knowledge base and LMS content to self-service support portal
- Edit content to improve comprehension and actionable insights for various audiences
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify support inquiry drivers
- Create content that improves issue resolution and customer satisfaction
- Support launch of new 8x8 products with content designed for the self-service portal
- Manage a knowledge-sharing community that includes customers and internal users
- Excellent editing, writing, and communication skills
- Strong computer competencies; familiarity with content management tools desired
- Committed to accuracy with a bias toward action
- Can parse technical and procedural information into easy-to-understand answers that help customers solve problems
- Knowledge of cloud-based communications and VoIP technology a plus
- Works well in a fast-paced environment; can multitask effectively and adapt quickly to changing directives
- Able to initiate and manage projects based on observed opportunities
This role requires:
- Ability to communicate professionally to all stakeholders
- Ability to explain complex concepts in laymans language
- Ability to influence and inspire others over whom you hold no direct authority
- Ability to build good working relationships and generate enthusiasm to promote a knowledge-sharing culture across all functions
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree desired
- 4 years of experience writing and editing content
- Experience in customer service environment
- Knowledge of VoIP industry / technology a plus
To apply, please click the link below. If the link does not work, please send your resume to email@example.com (please specify the job title in your email).
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
8x8, Inc. - 11 months ago
8x8, Inc. (8x8) develops, markets and sells telecommunication services and technology for Internet protocol (IP) telephony and video...