About Percona |
Percona makes MySQL more valuable to customers and the community. Our MySQL Consulting, Support, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services as well as open source MySQL software help people achieve breakthrough results with MySQL.
Our MySQL Consulting and Support teams are in a class of their own. Our expertise is visible in our widely read MySQL Performance blog and our book High Performance MySQL. We also create and maintain the oldest independent version of the MySQL database server (Percona Server), the only open-source hot backup solution for MySQL (Percona XtraBackup), and many more uniquely valuable software tools such as Percona Toolkit for MySQL users.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with some required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that°s changing the industry.
Percona is the oldest and largest independent MySQL support and consulting company with a global, 24x7 staff of nearly 100 serving more than 1,800 customers in 50+ countries since 2006.
The 24x7 Consulting Operations Manager is responsible for management of our 24x7 consulting operations team. This team handles emergency issues and operational concerns for our worldwide clients 24x7, 365 days a year. This position is ultimately responsible for the day to day operations of the 24x7 operations team and will report to the Vice President of Consulting.
**You can work remotely from anywhere in the US, but will need to travel to company events, meetings, conferences, etc.**
- Monitor and measure on response time, quality and billing KPI°s for our operational consulting services
- Recruit, onboard, manage, mentor, and develop consultants
- Ensure resources are properly deployed and used
- Work with consultants to build their skill sets
- Manage our consulting delivery capacity
- build and staff a 24x7 team that can handle a wide variety of time sensitve issues and emergencies as they arise
- Identify and assist in capitalizing on changes in the open source database market
- Assist in the revenue forecasting for our operational workload
- Define and own the delivery processes for our operational consulting and services
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and planning of the 24x7 Consulting Practice
- Prior experience running a 24x7 operations and support team
- Deep Knowledge of Database or System Administration
- Experience with MySQL database management
- Experience working with a virtually distributed and diverse workforce
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to think outside the box and move quickly to make decisions
- Strong Leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Take charge approach to projects and assignments
- Metrics driven approach to new products and initiatives
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to travel when required ( 25% )
- Prior project management experience
- Proven ability to design and deliver tools to help the delivery of services
- 5+ years leading a team of 8+ people