Our Meat Solutions platform is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Value Added Meats, and Cargill Cattle Feeders groups. Meat Solutions employs approximately 35,000 worldwide. CMS has processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia, and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Meat Solutions has an opportunity available for a
2nd/3rd Shift Slaughter Maintenance Supervisor
. The successful candidate will be responsible to supervise maintenance crew on the 2nd shift (including weekends) to insure proper operation and utilization of plant equipment for maximum slaughter processing.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
Must be willing to be an active member of the Engineering/Maintenance management team and work to support overall plant strategies.
- Managing the preventative maintenance program
- Correcting any equipment breakdowns promptly
- Ordering any parts/tools needed as per Company procedures
- Coordinating with production management to promote optimum production efficiency
- Discussing daily with plant management to evaluate equipment operation to eliminate any mechanical problems through repair and improvements
- Managing the department budget
- Monitoring safety in department and training and handling of employee and their issues through contract administration and Company policies.
- 3-5 Years Production Maintenance experience or related field/job experience.
- Working knowledge of daily procedures of slaughter processing and the necessary equipment involved.
- Strong People Skills
- Computer Literacy (Excel, Word, Data Bases)
- Strong Oral/Written English Skills
- Team Building Skills
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Previous Supervisory Experience
- Bilingual Spanish