Responsible for accurate preparation of materials for shipment, including packaging pillows according to specifications, accurate counts, product quality, and meeting customer package requirements.
Education : High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience : Necessary on-the-job training provided.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
Minimum Qualifications: Possess basic math skills, including ability to count. Ability to learn to operate line equipment efficiently and effectively.
Language Skills : Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate, orally and in written form, effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Received finished pillows at end of garnett line and insert pillows into bags.
• Perform heat sealing duties when necessary, which includes catching fiber material into bags or boxes and heat sealing fiber bags.
• Inspect finished goods prior to packaging and record any defects found.
• Place correct inserts/stickers in or on boxes.
• Safely and efficiently operate line equipment.
• Operate boxing machine according to set procedures.
• Fold and construct cardboard boxes.
No phone calls or agencies, please
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Will perform the following constantly (76% to 100%):
• Standing (up to 10 hours)
• Vision abilities (close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, ability to focus)
• Repetitive hand/arm motions
• Using sense of touch/feel
Will perform the following frequently (26% to 75%):
• Lifting (up to 35 pounds)
• Carrying (up to 35 pounds)
• Pushing (up to 35 pounds)
• Pulling (up to 35 pounds)
• Forward bending
• Overhead work
Will perform the following occasionally (1% to 25 %):
• Pinching, squeezing
• Prolonged gripping of an item/tool
• Lifting (up to 50 pounds)
• Carrying (up to 50 pounds)
• Pushing (up to 50 pounds)
• Pulling (up to 50 pounds)
Carpenter Co - 22 months ago