This person will provide day-to-day; leadership and supervision in the achievement of productivity, schedule attainment, quality and Employee Health Safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coach and support area of responsibility
• Daily communication and coordination with teams, other supervisors and departments .Direct work assignments in accordance with the production schedule- plans and organizes activities of the production/assembly line to meet production deadlines.
• Monitor housekeeping (5 pillars) and correct safety issues.
• Ensure compliance to environmental, productivity, quality and health& safety standards.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement projects
• Prepare and adhere to department budget
• Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed
• Prepare and maintain production reports and records- taking corrective action when necessary
• Coordinate departmental maintenance and engineering needs
• Responsible for inventory analysis
• Order and purchase necessary equipment or materials for assembly or production.
Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in BS Mechanical or other technical engineering degree is desired or 3-5 years experience with production supervision.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
2 years of industry experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Outstanding leadership, influence and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to lead process improvements in a team environment
Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple operations
Fast-paced manufacturing environment.
US - Roseau, MN
4 year degree or higher
Years of Experience Required
1 plus years of experience
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 5,300 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2013 sales of $3.7 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...