JOB TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
LOCATION: South Boston, Virginia
Ensures all machines and equipment are in working order.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots and repairs lift trucks, pallet jacks and cat fork trucks:
hydraulics; motor and drive unit replacement; tire and wheel replacement load position; basic programming for access 1 modules on rolling stock; change tanks, forks, and peddles; repair/replace cylinders.
- Troubleshoots and repairs conveyor system:
repair electrical and mechanical components; may troubleshoot Graphical Monitoring System (GMS); troubleshoots and repairs sortview controller, programmable logic controllers or RTS (pick-to-light system); fabricates machine parts unavailable for purchase.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Operates equipment battery change equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on building such as minor plumbing and electrical repairs (i.e., change light bulbs).
- Repairs racking.
- May operate scrubber/sweeper machine.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to operate:
band saws, drill presses, hand tools, vises, clamps, gear pullers, bearing pullers, lathes, volt amp meters, calipers and rolling stock equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Competency to operate computers for sortview, RTC, HSM, VFD, and RTS systems.
- Basic communication skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Fluency in
Electricity 1 (Basic) and Electricity IV – motor controls and AC / DC Electrical Controls.
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or close spaces.
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to noise and heights.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position and is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. Employees should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...