Natvar , a division of Tekni-Plex, Inc. is a global supplier of medical tubing for medical device manufacturers. Our Clayton, NC facility is currently recruiting for 3 rd Shift Collection/Packaging/Inspection Operators (Sunday - Thursday; 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. plus overtime as needed).
This position will be responsible for the collection, packaging and inspection of various tubing, shapes and profiles used in the manufacture of medical devices. This position encompasses equipment startup, setup, troubleshooting and shutdown. Must be able to adjust collection equipment to meet size specification, resize jobs and operate auxiliary equipment in a safe and effective manner. Must understand and perform related tasks such as finished part inspection, material identification and handling, data collection and input and meet all related requirements for documentation and traceability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collection and packaging of products with manual and/or automated equipment.
• Perform setup, changeover and initial line clearance.
• Inspection of product for defects using a variety of precision measuring instruments.
• Troubleshoot minor equipment malfunctions and recommend resolution.
• Ability to use measuring devices (i.e., ruler, dial caliper, gauges, etc.).
• Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
• Complete product traceability; logs, production reports, data entry, etc. as required to document process activities.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Strong troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
• Basic mathematical skills, including units of measure, fractions and decimals.
• Basic computer knowledge a plus.
• Ability to constantly stand / walk; frequently bend, reach, kneel, and occasionally climb.
• Must be able to frequently lift / move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift / move 50+ pounds.
Natvar offers a wide variety of benefit, programs and services which address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, medical, dental & vision insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, EAP, 401(k), paid holidays, Paid-Time Off (PTO) and educational assistance.
Tekni-Plex, Inc. - 2 years ago