PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacture of piezoelectric and strain gauge sensors. The success of PCB is in our people. It is our philosophy to hire good people and support them in doing their job. PCB’s Management is committed to providing a friendly, supportive and challenging work environment. At PCB we operate on a first name basis with a full open door policy. The Company’s pleasant working conditions, world-class benefits package and opportunities for advancement create a spirit of enthusiasm that provides PCB with a competitive edge. We are currently growing and in need of a Machinists in Depew, NY.
Education/Training: High School graduate or equivalent; BOCES Machine Shop or equivalent skilled trades school. Shop math skills and blue print reading skills. Basic troubleshooting skills.
Experience: 1-5+ years of machine shop experience.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, focus adjustment and regular use of a microscope. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other: Own tools required: 1" micrometer, 6" dial calipers, 6" scale, minimal
Works from drawings and/or written instructions, sets up and operates manual or CNC machinery and equipment to produce precision parts that may require assistance from supervisor/ team leader.
1. Assigned to one of the following functions; Automatics, EDM, Finishing, Tool Room, or Lapping
2. Reads and interprets blueprints.
3. Uses measuring instruments to inspect parts and must follow QC sampling plan as required.
4. Regularly uses a microscope to view and inspect parts.
5. Completes all required paperwork and makes data collection transaction as needed.
6. Verifies conformance of finished work to ensure compliance to tolerance and company specifications.
7. Uses basic trouble shooting skills to identify problems and make recommended changes to correct.
8. Identifies dull or worn inserts or tools and change as necessary.
9. Understands order of operations.
10. Must have the ability to complete preventative maintenance tasks as required.
11. Cycles and jogs machine through all functions.
12. Completes preventative maintenance tasks as required.
13. Cooperates and interacts with employees in a positive manner.
14. Maintains neat and orderly work areas and understands the concepts (5S).
15. Must be able to grind their own tools.
16. Needs to be able to do first piece inspections and first article.
17. Sets up machines with assistance and completes jobs per instructions
18. Achieves top level quality on activities involved in.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume, salary requirements and shift availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a completed application ,
or apply in person at
PCB Piezotronics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3425 Walden Ave.
Depew, NY 14043 USA
PCB Piezotronics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer