Serve as a member of the 4-H Youth Development team by providing program support to the 4-H Youth Development education program including volunteer base. Utilize existing program materials and educational framework to conduct educational programs in the area of 4-H Youth Development that impact audiences through a variety of effective and innovative delivery methods, appropriate to needs of audiences.
EEO/EPO, Professional Improvement and other duties as assigned
- Assist in planning and implementing the 4-H Youth Development program.
- Consider the diverse needs of the county population and assist in implementing programming and acquiring resources that meet the identified needs and interests of youth and adult volunteers.
- Consult with 4-H staff and volunteers to ensure the resources and research of Cornell Cooperative Extension are incorporated, when possible and appropriate, into educational programs.
- Utilize existing program materials and educational framework to conduct educational programs in the area of 4-H Youth Development that impact audiences through a variety of effective and innovative delivery methods, appropriate to needs of audiences.
- Assist and Coordinate implementation of countywide 4-H events. Include volunteer base in all aspects of the program.
- Participate in special projects including but not limited to the Genesee County Fair, State Fair, Award Trips, Achievement Night, and other extension association activities as assigned.
- Serve as staff liaison as appropriate.
- Compile program evaluation in continuous program improvement and to increase impact on audiences. Share information and utilize this information in on-going program design and delivery.
- Assist in identifying, developing, and securing community and fiscal resources for program continuance and enhancement.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports for funders, advisory committees, Board and others as necessary
- In consultation with Supervisor, develop and pursue a professional improvement to increase competency in position responsibilities.
- Participate in in-service trainings, programs and meetings as scheduled. Trainings may require some travel.
- Promote positive program and organization image to participants, the general public, and funding partners through quality programming and professional demeanor.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public. Assist Cornell Cooperative Extension of Genesee County in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension of Genesee County policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Genesee County including but not limited to attendance at staff meetings, timely reporting of expenses, working with other staff, and other duties as assigned.
- Carry out assignments and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years volunteer or work experience.
- Must be able to meet the travel requirements of the position
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel.
THIS POSITION IS TEMPORARY, PART TIME (20 HOURS PER WEEK). $11 PER HOUR.
- Professional experience as a teacher in an academic or community organization desired.
- Knowledge in the area of Family and Consumer Science and Animal Science.
- Ability to effectively participate in professional team efforts.
- Ability to relate effectively to co-workers and diverse participant groups.
- Ability to identify and utilize program resources from the organization and the community.
- Ability to effectively use of a variety of program delivery methods to reach individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written, and visual channels using traditional educational tools as well as electronic and online technology.
**ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BY APRIL 15, 2013**
Materials submitted any other way (e-mail, postal mail, etc.) cannot be considered. Contact Kimberly at
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate governmental agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE
Cornell University - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard