Work with appropriate individuals to develop, coordinate and implement a pre-clinical and clinical curriculum that is integrated with the biomedical and behavioral sciences; Provide direct patient care to assist in the development of a clinical practice that will provide students the necessary breadth and depth of clinical experiences to attain competency as a general dentist; Conduct teaching, scholarly and service activities in support of the mission, goals and objectives of the College and University.
- Independently design and present pre-clinical course(s) utilizing an appropriate combination of instructional methodologies such as lecture, seminar, laboratory, problem-based learning, case-based learning, and/or online modules.
- Assist in the coordination of preclinical dental courses to ensure the students’ attainment of appropriate competencies and to reinforce the integration of basic, behavioral, and clinical science.
- Assist in the set-up, coordination and implementation of the dental simulation clinic for pre-clinical courses.
- Assist in the orientation, coordination and implementation of Axium software EMR and patient management system for both the Simulation Clinic and Dental Clinic.
- Provide direct patient care to assist in the development of a clinical practice that will provide students the necessary breadth and depth of clinical experiences to attain competency as a general dentist,
- Promote, by teaching and example, a general atmosphere within the College and University of respect for knowledge, thought and inquiry.
- Embrace a contemporary perspective of practice, teaching and innovation, comfortable with technological advances and envisioning the future of dental practice with enthusiasm and collaboration within both the academic and community environment.
- Model the highest standards of ethics and professionalism
- Conduct classes and clinic assignments according to the published schedule.
- At the beginning of each course, provide students with a syllabus indicating material to be covered, related assignments, competencies to be achieved, and methods of evaluation.
- Prepare appropriate student assessment in a course(s) or a portion of a course including quizzes, examinations, projects, oral examinations, portfolios, and/or clinical performance evaluations.
- Possess excellent oral, written, and computer skills (proficiency in electronic communication, word processing, and accessing internet resources) required
- Maintain current records of the progress, including grades, of each student enrolled in his/her class.
- Be readily available to students for mentoring and consultation.
- Possess team-building, innovative and organizational skills that enhance work in a collaborative environment
- Actively participate in College and/or University committees as assigned.
- Actively participate in appropriate professional societies and associations
- Interact in an effective and positive manner with individuals of diverse backgrounds, including patients, administration, faculty, students, staff and outside contacts.
- Establish and maintain scholarly activity in his/her area of expertise, as applicable.
- Assume any other related duties necessary to develop and maintain an effective program or as assigned.
- Education: Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D) degree from an institution accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years clinical and/or pre-clinical teaching and demonstrated managerial and mentoring skills experience in a dental education institution; experience in providing direct patient care.
- Dental Licensure: Licensure or demonstrated eligibility for licensure in Maine.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral, written, and computer skills (proficiency in electronic communication, word processing, and accessing internet resources) required.
Experience with electronic patient records
Experience working with Axium software
Completion of CODA approved AEGD or GPR
* Background check may be required.