The Instructional Technologist is a member of a team that works collaboratively to support a broad range of faculty needs related to the online teaching and learning mission of UNE. The Instructional Technologist works with Instructional Designers and faculty through the selection, design, production and implementation of the University of New England’s online courses. The successful candidate is expected to possess an in-depth understanding of pedagogical issues related to the effective use of technology in a range of educational settings. This position requires a presence on both the University Campus in Biddeford and the Westbrook College Campus in Portland, with the primary functions being on the Biddeford Campus.
- At the direction of the Instructional Designer:
- Input curriculum content into University LMS
- Conduct Quality Assurance reviews and revisions to include:
- Browser compatibility
- Correct content and information
- Seamless functionality
- Quality Matters checklist
- Work with individual faculty on the use of LMS course management system
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 1 ot 3 years experience of relevant higher education experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Generate teaching, administrative, and assessment materials including imagery, PDFs, and multi-media pieces
- Build courses to the Quality Matters established framework
- Responsible for project management of assigned courses and meticulous documentation of project status
- Serve as copy editor to correct grammatical and punctuation errors
- Ensure Section 504 compliance
- Ensure that the University’s intellectual property guidelines are followed.
- Assist with identifying, acquiring, and maintaining hardware, software, and network products.
- Create presentations (textual and graphical) from academic content
- Initiate course reviews per refresh calendar to identify broken links, outdated content, and textbook and/or faculty changes
- Work with transcription service to transcribe videos and audio files
- Create and support electronic resources such as an Instructional Technology website, FAQs, help guides, etc.
- Carries out non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed.
Job number 587 must be included in the subject line of the email.
- bachelors in education, instructional design, or IT (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented with project management experience
- Experience with multimedia authoring/production tools (e.g., iMovie, Authorware, Flash); web development, HTML/CSS, web communication tools, graphic applications and design; and database design. (preferred)
* Background check may be required.