Jackson County is looking to recruit, hire and retain the best employees!
Pre-Employment Requirements and/or Preferences:
Job Duties and Requirements:
- 8 positions available.
- Must pass a criminal background check prior to hire.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
Examples of Principle Duties and Position Functions:
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.)
- Lifeguards work under the direction of the slide manager and other supervisory personnel, assisting in the upkeep, maintenance and operation of the Emigrant Lake Water Slide and surrounding area.
Licenses, Certificates and Other Requirements:
- Lifeguards principal duties include, but are not limited to: Cleaning the restrooms, deck, pool and slide area; selling tickets; lifeguard duty at the water slide; punching tickets; checking chemicals in pool; and assisting with private groups renting the water slide.
The employee must be able to handle the public in an effective, efficient and courteous manner at all times, keeping them informed of all slide rules and regulations, along with general information about the park(s).
- Lifeguards will be required to have certified Red Cross courses in Advanced Lifesaving, First Aid and CPR certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
JACKSON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Upon request, special accommodations and/or assistance will be gladly provided for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory impairments. Because of the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, persons hired by the county must be able to present acceptable documents verifying identity and authorization to work in the United States. For a copy of Jackson County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan, visit our web site at
or call 541-774-6036.
Jackson County, OR - 19 months ago